- Immediate access is ordinarily available for budgets, bills, vouchers, contracts, including collective negotiations agreements and individual employment contracts, and public employee salary and overtime information. Minutes of public meetings will be generally available immediately after the minutes have been approved.
- Records which are not readily available or which will require a search of records will be made available as soon as possible and the applicant will be provided with an interim report within seven (7) business days indicating the time which will be required to provide the records.
- Except as otherwise provided by law or regulation, the fee assessed for the duplication of a printed record shall be as follows: Letter size pages – $0.05 per page; Legal size pages $0.07 per page, as provided by N.J.S.A. 47:1A-5.b.
- Where a request is for a copy in a format other than a photocopy, reasonable efforts will be made to provide the information in the format requested. The cost will be based on the costs of producing the format requested.
- Where a legal determination must be made as to whether records are “public records” as provided by law, the request will be reviewed by the Municipal Attorney.
The term “public records” generally includes those records determined to be public in accordance with N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1. The term does not include employee personnel files, police investigation records, public assistance files or other matters in which there is a right of privacy or confidentiality or inter-agency or intra-agency advisory, consultative, or deliberative material or other material which is specifically exempted by law.
Any further questions, please call the Municipal Clerk @ (732) 446-9235.